About Pleasant Holidays
Pleasant Holidays is one of the largest privately-owned travel companies in the U.S. serving the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tahiti, Fiji, Cook Islands and U.S. Cities. The Company is one of the largest and most recognized Hawaii travel companies providing vacation packages and related services.
Pleasant Holidays is a subsidiary of the Automobile Club of Southern California, the nation’s largest AAA Club providing service to 14 million members.
The Vice President/Managing Director, Hawaii is a key member of the Pleasant Holidays team, responsible for day-to-day management and administration of the Pleasant Activities business in the Hawaiian Islands and for Mexico, Caribbean, and Costa Rica activities at PleasantActivities.com.
Pleasant Activities was launched more than 27 years ago as concierge and destination activities provider for events, attractions, tours and other services. Pleasant Activities operates concierge and activity desks on four Hawaiian Islands with a staff of +100 team members. Pleasant Activities is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The Vice President/Managing Director will be involved in all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, business development, supplier management, strategic planning, operations and customer service. He/she will be responsible for the annual financial plan, managing and growing revenue streams and controlling operating expense.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in the tourism industry with prior experience in concierge services and destination activities, events, attractions and tours segment
- Prior management experience with concierge and activity desks in Hawaii preferred
- Experience with travel companies with annual budgets in excess of $50 million
- Proven leadership skills, passionate and knowledgeable about the destination activity business and hotel concierge services
- Strong management skills with emphasis in supplier negotiations, sales, marketing and business development
- Working relationships with major hotels, resorts and activity vendors in the Hawaiian Islands preferred
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of revenue growth and profitability
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to delegate as well as actively participate as a "hands-on" manager
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
Apply For This Position
E-mail cover letter, resume and compensation history to:
Pleasant Holidays, LLC
Monster - 9 months ago
Pleasant Holidays, established in 1959 and working through travel agencies nationwide, offers individual and group vacation travelers a broa...