Job Posting |
A company with almost $2 billion in revenue and a widespread global reach, Covance's ability to offer integrated drug development solutions is unsurpassed. Our employees are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and unfaltering science. If you are looking to re-energize your career, Covance is the place to be!
We are presently seeking a Global Vice President of Sales to lead a sales organization responsible for several lines of business which include; Non-clinical Safety Assessment (NSA), Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), and Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) Solutions. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in our Madison, WI office. This new leader will be responsible for approaching potential new clients and expanding opportunities with existing contacts, with a view to securing new accounts and re-enforcing long-term, strategic partnerships.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Leading a global broad-based sales effort
• Managing sales and client service efforts of a $450+ million multi-site scientific business, identifying new business opportunities and driving revenue growth toward achieving business objectives
• Leading all sales and client service development activities for multiple lines of business
• Assigning resources as needed to meet company sales and client service goals and objectives
• Developing strategies to assure company achieves annual growth targets
• Developing strategic business plans for acquiring new business opportunities and expanding existing accounts
• Responsible for all internal and external communications related to sales and service
• Setting all sales administration policy and direction regarding budgets, sales target, sales training, incentive compensation, and performance management
• Initiating, plan and implementing appropriate staff development programmers
• Implementing appropriate affirmative action, salary administration, and communication programmers within the department
Additional factors to consider:
• Must have flexibility to travel (throughout weekends also), as required - approximately 40% travel
• Must be able to attend domestic and international technical conferences/exhibits, and entertain clients after regular business hours, as sometimes required
• Mandatory immunizations and screening as required
• Bachelors degree in marketing and/or scientific field, MBA strongly preferred
• Typically 15+ years' experience in health care sales and marketing. Experience in drug research, testing, and development in the chemical, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry a plus
• Proven broad-based global sales and sales leadership skills
• Proven success in development of business segment plans and competitive positioning strategies
• Skilled in giving presentations and leading meetings
• Skilled time management, planning and budgeting
• Skilled in business plan development and market segmentation analysis
• Able to manage in a matrix environment
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...