The Vice President Strategic Development reports to the CFO and has key responsibility for the acquisitions and development opportunities that will be critical to Vail Resorts' growth strategy.
- Participating in the development of the Company’s growth strategy for the mountain division and related businesses with senior executives
- Overseeing the evaluation of potential target ski resort acquisitions or long term management contracts within North America, including management of due diligence process and leading project teams of relevant internal functional leads and external consultants where relevant
- Supporting the Company’s strategic growth into international markets by analyzing the feasibility of various opportunities, including acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures and new operational concepts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with target opportunity ownership groups and key advisors to the Company
- Building and auditing detailed valuation and business models for new acquisitions and for new concepts and markets, and developing strong business case recommendations
- Negotiating commercial terms and definitive agreements, working closely with internal legal and finance teams and relevant business executives
- Leading and coordinating post-acquisition transition and integration efforts along with key business partners
- Serving as a source of competitive and market intelligence, providing advice and feedback to senior executives
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
- MBA Preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in related business field considered
- Minimum of ten years experience in related fields with five of those years specifically in development and acquisitions with strong experience identifying and qualifying target opportunities and executing transactions; private equity, investment banking and strategy consulting experience preferred
- Extensive experience with financial models; ability to guide and audit financial modeling activities; strong skills in business analysis
- Proven track record of successful due diligence and acquisition execution experience
- Able to lead multiple complex and demanding projects whilst managing multidisciplinary and potentially multicultural teams
- Comfortable operating at CEO level and representing the Company at a high level
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Able to build relationships and influence
- Experience managing/directing teams
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...