Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for Georgetown’s human resources function. The chief human resources officer (CHRO) is expected to provide strategic leadership on the human resources and organizational agenda and to oversee operationally effective processes in the areas of staffing and recruiting, compensation, professional development, and policy communication. The CHRO will lead and continue to build a strong HR organization that delivers well-conceived and well-designed services to the university’s employees.
• Create a strong employee experience where Georgetown is consistently viewed as an employer of choice in an academic setting.
• Support Georgetown’s research and teaching mission by providing effective human resources support across the university.
• Evaluate, recruit, and develop the HR team to create an environment in which HR professionals act as strategic partners to business, administrative, and academic units.
• Develop a university-wide integrated human resources function that focuses on strategic and operational integration.
• Promote a culture of service delivery.
• Partner with IT to fully utilize technology and create efficient and effective business practices in the design and delivery of services; and establish clear metrics to enhance the generation of management and data reporting.
• Create strong and effective communication strategies.
• Provide proactive consultation on organizational design/planning.
• Support the Compensation Committee of the Board and other groups in addressing compensation.
• Manage an effective performance management process based on well defined objectives and competencies.
The successful candidate will possess excellent relationship building, communication, and influencing skills. S/he will demonstrate the ability to interact comfortably and quickly gain credibility with a wide range of university stakeholders and constituents and will be effective with employees at all levels. In addition, the candidate will be able to develop excellent rapport with administration and faculty leaders. The candidate will be both a collaborative team builder and an advocate. S/he will demonstrate a clear passion for working in a mission-driven institution and a desire to be part of a tight-knit community.
• At least 15 years of experience in human resources management, preferably in an academic setting and particularly with a research university; a strong background in organization design and change management is highly preferred.
• An advanced degree in a field relevant to managing human resources or a combination of an undergraduate degree and experience.
• Experience implementing systemic technical solutions that enhance HR reporting and deliver quality service to employees.
• Significant experience and demonstrated success working in a large, complex, decentralized organization.
• Demonstrated skill to create a shared strategy and vision for the HR organization; proven ability to lead and inspire the HR team to execute the organization’s commitment to the university; understanding of the need for high-level strategy; ability to be highly tactical and focused on the execution of initiatives.
• Adept at “reading the room” and politically attuned to the dynamics of a complex, matrixed organization with multiple constituencies and key stakeholders.
Georgetown University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this leadership position. The University’s commitment to inclusivity encompasses, but is not limited to, diversity in nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Georgetown University - 20 months ago
Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, the nation's first Catholic bishop, Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic university in the US....