The Global Institutional Banking Business Development Officer is responsible for strategy, development, leadership, implementation and oversight of the procurement and expansion of profitable new business opportunities that leverage relationships among both existing and new partners. This individual will demonstrate excellent facility within the Wealth Management, Private Equity, and Investment Banking industries. The primary responsibility of the VP of Business Development will be for the distribution of Bancorp’s Institutional Banking products through financial advisors affiliated with broker/dealers or other assigned distribution networks. A successful candidate will work from a home office and cover an assigned multi-state geographic territory with duties such as conducting office presentations and one-on-one meetings with financial advisors and their clients. The VP of Business Development will thrive in a fast-paced, growth-driven environment and have proven success exceeding expectations in such an atmosphere. A strong candidate will have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of targeted industries, a talent for identifying new sales prospects, and the motivation to aggressively drive business growth. The VP of Wealth Management of Sales will sell and educate our partner and advisor network in the following products: SBLOC, IBLOC, 409A, *CAA, *MDA, *MDAA, Advisor Acquisition and future products.
Essential Job Functions
The VP of Business Development will proactively increase market penetration in targeted industries including: insurance, deferred compensation, lending, banking, and securities, by building and effectively maintaining high-level contacts with current and prospective business partners and important strategic relationships. Tenure and proven experience with direct sales and building and maintaining successful relationships with senior executives is a must. This person will liaise with Senior Executives on implementation of the company’s strategic and growth plans. They will drive prospects through to contract award, including proposal presentation and successful implementation. They will also have the ability to develop relationships internally and the ability to motivate others to work together toward a common goal. The person must demonstrate autonomy, strong internal motivation and, most of all, excellence in execution of sales objectives.
The VP of Business Development will have the knowledge, creativity, and foresight to create cutting-edge, practical, and highly profitable financial solutions by keeping a close pulse on the demands of the marketplace. They will work with immediate and extended teams to maximize short-, medium-, and long-term profitability of entire portfolio of products.
A successful VP of Business Development will enhance sales effectiveness through formulating and implementing marketing strategies. They will guide the internal marketing department in the creation of a product that has the greatest likelihood to produce a successful sales outcome. They will identify and attend relevant and appropriate industry and regional events and trade shows for networking and developing of new business opportunities.
A successful candidate will be very adaptable and successful in an environment prone to rapid change. They will handle fluctuations with the outmost flexibility. They must have flexibility in time management to get the job done to the highest of standards. They will demonstrate innovative thinking and an unconventional ability for creative problem resolution. They will have the perception and motivation to take initiative in identifying the issues and working with the team, to implement process improvements to achieve top level results.
The role will require a broad knowledge across a number of areas. This will include some operations knowledge, basic knowledge of FTP functioning and systems integration, knowledge of applicable regulations and compliance, and a strong background in experience and knowledge of sales.
- 10+ years of Industry Experience in the Wealth Management, Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking Industries.
- In-depth knowledge of securities industry or FINRA licensed
- Extensive knowledge and experience in lending
- Must be a team player and posses the ability to drive key decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently and work independently to perform a variety of tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong planning, organization, analytical and technical skills are required
- Must posses excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Good communication and networking skills and feel comfortable approaching A level executives.
- Excellent level of technical and sales knowledge
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other CRM software
- Good grasp of financial industry trends
- Strong Academic Background
- At least 75% business travel required to cover assigned geographic region
- Fluency in a second language is viewed positively, but not mandatory
The Bancorp, Inc. - 10 months ago
Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. (the Bancorp) is a bank holding and financial holding company. The Bancorp’s subsidiaries include The...