Do you want to work for a company that The Wall Street Journal named one of the top 50 new start-up companies or the Business Insider states is one of the 25 Enterprise Startups To Bet Your Career on? Coupa is building a world-class company of experienced professionals and we could be looking for you. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Customers 4 Life who will work out of our San Mateo, CA office.
Coupa is emerging as one of the hottest Cloud Applications companies. Already managing $50+ billion in spending for worldwide enterprises, Coupa is recognized as the next generation leader of Spend Management solutions. With Coupa, the global enterprise is able to manage expenses, encourages smarter spending with innovative tools, provide real time views, and makes recommendations for organizational improvement. Coupa is currently looking for a Vice President for Customers 4 Life.
The Vice President of Customers 4 Life are responsible for driving Coupa’s number one core value to “Ensure Customer Success” by working with a team of C4L directors and assigned customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customer’s self-defined goals. We are looking for a proven leader who is passionate about customer advocacy, builds high-performing teams, and possesses exceptional interpersonal skills to ensure a healthy depth to the client relationship at all levels and with all internal teams. This position is based in our San Mateo office and reports to the EVP of Customer Success, but is solely responsible for renewals rates, adoption rates, etc.
Lead team of Customer 4 Life Directors in engaging with customers, facilitating product adoption, driving account retention and revenue expansion
Engage regularly with customers via strategic and operational reviews to evaluate Customer needs and strategic direction
Lead customer growth planning
Manage overall team performance towards KPIs
Assist with customer escalations
Forge client relationships at all the highest levels (CFO, CPO, CIO, CEO, etc..), with a focus on heads of department and Executive sponsors
- Lead team in negotiating renewal and work with the direct sales teams on new business opportunities and best practices in offering customer service
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Serve as liaison between customers and internal Coupa teams (e.g. Product Development, Sales, Technical Support, etc.)
- Work with the Services teams to create best practices for different verticals (i.e.: retail, food & beverage, healthcare, etc..) to drive adoption.
- 7 + years of experience with a background in Sales and Client Services management
- Minimum of 5 years plus experience managing a Client Services or Account Management team at the highest level
- Minimum of 5 years plus experience reporting to executive level management
- Proven track record generating revenues from existing clients and building long-term relationships at a high level
- Experience formulating client contracts and commercial models within different regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly refined interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills that attract and retain top talent and the ability to motivate teams to exceed expectations
- Thorough understanding of and experience in spend management solutions (eProcurement, eInvoicing, Expenses)
- Ability to travel to various offices within the US and Globally on an as needed basis
- Strong understanding of Software as a Service business model
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment Coupa offers a very comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes company paid health insurance, stock options, 401(k), flex plan as well as a very generous PTO plan along with a creative and exciting place to work.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will NOT be accepted.