The primary objectives of this position is to effectively plan, develop and implement the Food Bank’s annual fund raising plan including, but not limited to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and tracking of grants, major gift prospects and all financial donors; as well as providing leadership to department staff in accomplishing goals related to public relations, marketing and communication, events, product donations/procurement, government relations and volunteers. The Vice President of Development is responsible for achievement of contributed revenue goals and will manage all aspects of the development department to achieve annual and long-range fundraising goals in conjunction with the strategic plan and organizational/departmental goals.
- Develop the annual Development and Marketing plans and department performance objectives.
- Develop comprehensive strategic and operational plans for individual, corporate, religious, government and foundation giving.
- Assist in the development of fundraising objectives and budgets in conjunction with the President and CEO.
- Work with team to develop and implement fundraising strategies to meet annual and long range goals including major gifts, foundation and corporate giving, planned and endowment giving and special campaigns.
- Develop and implement an ongoing process for prospect identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, record keeping, ongoing communication and recognition.
- Develop relevant materials for fund solicitation, including case statements and grant proposals.
- Oversee research and submission of grant proposals targeted to prospective funding sources.
- Provide personal, face-to-face presentations for companies/corporations, organizations, groups and others as requested.
- Maintain an awareness of legislative issues regarding hunger relief and assists in organizational response.
- Oversee and manage direct mail fund raising activities including list segmentation, preparation of appeal letters and analysis of results.
- Oversee and direct all financial donor acknowledgement procedures at all levels, including preparation and prompt mailing of personalized “thank you” letters to donors as appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of major-gift donors, to include corporations and individuals.
- Ensure maintenance and accuracy of current and new donor records.
- Maintain great ongoing relationships with past donors.
- Set benchmarks, direct, coordinate, track and review the work plan for Development programs; meet with the staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel; provide or coordinate staff training, work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Development Directors, Managers, Coordinators, etc.
- Accept and perform additional duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Minimum six years of demonstrated high-level leadership success developing and implementing comprehensive development programs. Experience in major gift giving, corporate support, foundation grants, annual campaigns and charitable annuities.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Experience in CRM.
- Results-driven management skills and experience in budget development and fiscal accountability.
- Strong time, project management, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with public relations, community resources and marketing strategy and tactics.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to utilize a database for prospecting and fund raising.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Have high degree of accuracy and superb judgment as it relates to the use of confidential information in customer and donor relationships.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills, must be a team player.
- Ability to meet crises calmly and show initiative and flexibility in day-to-day operations.
- Deep commitment to the mission of Feeding South Florida.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
Feeding America - 2 years ago