Position: Vice President of Federal Practice
Location: Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Full-Time Position
Compensation: Competitive Salary; Full Benefits
SDSE is seeking a Vice President to lead Federal business development and operations. This position will be located at our corporate office in Silver Spring, MD and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Responsible for managing the identification, acquisition, and overseeing the proposal development of Federal business opportunities. Also responsible for managing the quality of delivery, client satisfaction, risk management, profitability, and overall operations of current and upcoming Federal contracts.
- Successfully managing multiple complex contracts and proposals with various clients and federal government agencies
- Developing partnership relationships with executive level personnel for new business opportunities
- Driving new contract acquisition through developing and implementing business capture strategies
- Report and provide updates to the President/CEO on a weekly basis, or as needed
- Market SDSE professional services to senior level government employees and potential teaming partners
- Oversee staff operations and develop business plans
- Coordinate with, manage, and lead the capture management and proposal teams
- Help provide leadership for the overall operating performance of the Federal business
- Oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts
- Lead company’s planning and execution of strategies to increase sales and company growth
- Evaluate operational processes and procedures, and develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize all aspects of business operations.
- Provide leadership for the overall operating performance of the business.
- Recruit and inform the capture team, setting schedule, and assigning tasks
- Set strategy, budget, and timelines for selected proposals
- Review potential projects, research funders, and competitors, and evealuate likelihood of success
- Work with contractors, build relationships with funders, and increase client base
- Lead forecasting for SDSE’s business pipeline and develop strategic business development and capture management plans for the organization.
- Ensures the successful delivery of professional services and complete customer satisfaction
- Travel as required (estimated 35%, within the U.S.)
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 15+ years of business development and operations experience within the public sector (federal government)
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal communication skills
- Significant experience in capture management and proposal development for various government contracts, ranging in value from $1M-$60M annually
- Experience working for a mid-sized to large government contracting organization preferred
- Running projects and managing teams; and delivery experience driving business requirements, identifying gaps and omissions, and designing solutions
- Demonstrated track record of managing large and complex contract engagements
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence
- History of achieving business development and revenue goals
- Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
SDSE - 5 months ago