As a key member of the Financial leadership team, the Vice President of Finance will report to the President and will provide strategic leadership for the company by working with the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Direct the development of standardized analytics reports and benchmarks.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and CEO in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or Accounting/Finance. MA or MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred).
- Managed Care experience required.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Fluent in all Microsoft and other finance applications.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
NAMM North America Medical Management - 21 months ago