WCI Communities creates amenity-rich, master-planned lifestyle communities, catering to primary, retirement and second-home buyers. Dedicated to product and service excellence as a People First® certified company, WCI offers traditional single and multi-family home choices with prices from the mid-$100,000s to just under $1 million. In addition to homebuilding and development, WCI generates revenues from its Prudential Florida Realty business, the second largest residential realty company in Florida; its Wells Fargo-affiliated mortgage services; insurance and title services, and its recreational amenities, as well as through land sales and joint ventures. For more information, visit www.WCICommunities.com.
Overall management responsibility for Florida Homebuilding Operations including the Construction, Permitting, Purchasing, Design Studio and Warranty departments. Develop, organize and implement strategies to improve each department’s success and attain the overall corporate goals effectively and efficiently. An all encompassing role that has ultimate responsibility for every stage of every WCI traditional and mid-rise home in Florida built from permit through the warranty period.
- Direct management oversight of five departments that comprise Florida Homebuilding Operations of a luxury developer with a staff of over 30 associates. Analyze and implement the proper organizational structure.
- Develop, train and hire associates in order to fulfill the objectives for the division and company.
- Manage and refine homebuilding operation systems, processes, budgets and reports to insure effective and efficient construction of high quality homes that complement the Lifestyle of each WCI community.
- Manage the responsibilities and associates of each Florida Homebuilding Operations department; Construction, Permitting, Purchasing, Design Studio and Warranty. (Starts, closing tracking, CO tracking, BuildPro, overhead, base and option home costs, warrant completion and spending).
- Manage the Construction department, construction process and construction managers to ensure that WCI’s goals are met or exceeded as it relates to quality, customer satisfaction, construction standards, cycle time, closing objectives and schedules.
- Manage the Purchasing Department to insure product is developed, bid and ready to meet the sales and closing goals for WCI. Manage the vendor relationships with the sub-contractor base.
- Manage the Design Studio and selection process effectively and efficiently to enhance the customer experience while increasing option revenues.
- Manage the Customer Care Department so that WCI’s warranty obligations to our customers are met or exceeded while ensuring that our contractors and vendors are being responsive in order to keep WCI’s costs to a minimum.
- Manage and develop relationships with building officials in the various municipalities where WCI operates.
- Work with the Architecture Department so that we deliver cost effective and efficiently designed product.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing departments so that we deliver on the expectations of the customers effectively and efficiently.
- Manage project and operational budgets to make certain policies and procedures are followed. Review status to be sure of compliance and monthly/quarterly goals are being met or exceeded.
- Promote and ensure that corporate policies and goals are maintained through communication at all levels in the organization.
- BS or BA, 4 year degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years Homebuilder experience with comparable responsibilities, 1000+ homes per year in multi-markets
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively, internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Florida general contractors license required or must attain within first year
WCI Communities - 17 months ago
WCI Communities develops luxury residential communities and homes in Florida. Founded in 1946, it caters primarily to retirement and...