A'viands Food & Services Managment is seeking a qualified and energetic Vice President of Human Resources to be responsible for establishing, managing and administering key Human Resources functions. This position will have direct responsibility for areas of payroll, benefits, employment, affirmative action employee relations, labor relations, safety / workers’ compensation and unemployment. Also responsible for ensuring employment law and company policy compliance.
- Supervise Human Resources Department.
- Participate in the benefit strategy and renewal process.
- Ensure ERISA, ACA and other applicable legal compliance.
- Ensure benefit audits are conducted.
- Oversee administration and billing of all insurance plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and 401(k).
- Lead the annual open enrollment process.
- Handle day-to-day benefits and FMLA concerns & questions.
- Ensure proper processing of payroll and HR data transactions.
- Ensure FLSA compliance, conducting audits as necessary.
- Oversee project management of HRIS initiative.
- Handle day-to-day payroll concerns & questions.
- Oversee recruitment strategies, budget and process.
- Oversee Affirmative Action plan development and compliance.
- Oversee on-line application system, pre-employment background check process, WOTC process, etc.
- Handle day-to-day employment concerns & questions.
- Work with Employee/Labor Relations Manager on employee concerns, investigations, legal claims and union contract compliance and negotiations.
- Ensure safety programs are in place and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, such OSHA.
- Ensure proper management of workers’ compensation claims, return-to-work programs and other safety initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Company recognition initiatives (including ASU)
- Assist with development of compensation practices.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of new account openings.
- Assist in on-site onboarding for new account openings.
- Assist with and/or conduct necessary training for managers on Human Resources related topics.
- Administer the performance appraisal process.
- Assess and develop company policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide guidance on company policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure controls are in place and compliant with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in progressive Human Resources roles, including a management role, preferably in multi-location organizations.
- Service industry experience preferred.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Demonstrated considerable knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills.
- Demonstrated excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff.
- ATravel may be required. Ability to travel 25%.
- Must be able to endure repetitive periods of writing and/or typing at computer terminal.
A’viands, LLC, based in Roseville, Minnesota provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 12 months ago