Job Title : Vice President of Marketing
Reports To : Chief Executive Officer
Department : Marketing
Summary : Next Step Living is a rapidly growing, mission driven, venture backed residential energy services company. Our services make it easy for our customers to reduce their energy bills and greenhouse gas emissions while making their homes more comfortable. We believe that potential customers are most likely to take advantage of our services when invited to do so by a person or organization that they know and trust. We have grown our customer-base through partnership driven, co-brand campaigns with municipalities, corporations and non-profits as well as through customer driven word of mouth. We are looking for a passionate, like-minded, collaborative and creative marketing professional to join our leadership team. The Vice President of Marketing will drive company revenue and growth through brand building, new product development and data-driven, cost effective, consistent marketing campaigns with a keen focus on return on investment of all marketing activities.
o Oversee website messaging maintenance and content creation of high impact articles, blog posts, podcasts, or videos highlighting company expertise and milestones, customer case studies and industry trends
- Inbound and Traditional Marketing: Provide additional channels to attract new customers to Next Step Living through inbound and traditional marketing
o Design, test and improve search engine optimization strategies for company products and services
o Create earned media opportunities based on new programs, products, services and milestones by creating press releases and engaging with local and regional media outlets
o Implement and manage a comprehensive social media strategy designed to attract new customers through engagement with existing customers and by providing an additional platform for website content
o Evaluate the return on investment of traditional advertising campaigns (print, radio, television) and implement cost effective campaigns
o Create existing customer communication strategy including, e-newsletters, and social media updates
- Existing Customer Engagement: Engage with existing customers regularly to keep them excited about Next Step Living and ready to learn about new products and services
o Oversee the creation, testing and improvement of marketing campaigns to promote new products to existing customers via e-mail and direct mail
o Coordinate with company departments to engage with satisfied customers to solicit testimonials, create case studies, and generate referrals
o Oversee the building and development of company brand including awareness of company, mission, values and company position in the market
- Branding and Awareness : Build Next Step Living brand and customer awareness by creating effective and consistent presence and messaging and by creating earned media opportunities through public relations
o Generate interest in the company by creating press releases and engaging with national media outlets
o Act as spokesperson for the company with the press and at industry events.
o Design and administer surveys and focus groups to current and potential customers to identify demographic and psychographic customer segments
- Targeted Direct Marketing: Implement data-driven, targeted outreach campaigns optimized for opportunities in the home and the demographic and psychographic characteristics of the residents
o Create customized messaging for each segment to be used in direct marketing campaigns for company products and services
o Acquire demographic and other data to assist in the segmentation of population in target markets
o Work with Outreach Department to conduct targeted direct marketing campaigns
o Track and calculate cost effectiveness of targeted campaigns and make adjustments as necessary
o Understand the requirements of the company’s target business clients (state and local governments, utilities, contractors) product development, product pricing, and product lifecycle management for consulting, analytical, and program design services.
- Product Development: Manage the development and launch of new Next Step Living products and services
o Manage product development team to create offerings that meet current and potential client needs
o Ensure that product development team meets milestones and deadlines while remaining with project budgets
o Identify key benefits and messaging for company consumer products and services
- Marketing Materials: Augment existing outreach strategies by providing professional marketing materials for B2C and B2B audiences
o Ensure consistency of look and feel and messaging of customer facing marketing materials, e-mails, direct mail pieces and presentations
o Design visual experience for company presence at community and institutional events and shows including promotional materials and uniforms
o Create marketing materials for municipal and instructional clients highlighting company capabilities and experience
- 5+ years B2C marketing or political/cause campaign experience with proven track record of revenue growth and brand development with demonstrated return on investment
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications or business is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, challenging and changing environment.
- Desire to work for a mission driven, triple bottom line company
- Collaborative, non-territorial hands-on professional with a positive, pragmatic, can-do mind-set
- Ability to react to change productively and learn new skills as needed
- Comfort with complex data sets and data-driven decision making
- Strong public relations experience.
- Experience with analytically driven, targeted direct marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in managing the development and launch of new products and markets
- Persuasive and energetic communicator - engaging and effective in both written and interpersonal communications.