Lead and manage the Division II governance structure to make informed decisions and enhance the student-athlete experience. Provide focus on the division's strategic position and align resources to meet the goals of the division. Lead and manage the national office Division II staff in supporting programs and services for the division. Serve as a member of the NCAA President's Cabinet.
1. Develop and implement strategic initiatives and policies designed to fulfill the mission, philosophy and strategic position of Division II and to ensure such initiatives and policies align with Division II's strategic plan, legislation and budget decisions.
2. Move Division II strategic positioning initiatives from "membership destination" to "values proposition" for schools choosing to affiliate with Division II.
3. Enhance the effectiveness of the national office's support of the Division II membership including budget planning, policies and guiding principles
4. Provide leadership and management for the coordination of governance activities and education sessions that occur at the annual NCAA Convention.
5. Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key constituencies (e.g., presidents/chancellors, commissioners, directors of athletics, senior woman administrators, faculty, coaches, student-athletes) in an effort to develop and implement communication strategies to inform the division's members of governance issues and to establish support for the development of policies and issues in Division II.
6. Influence perceptions regarding Division II intercollegiate athletics by communicating with key membership groups regarding various initiatives, attending committee and project team meetings and conducting campus visits and CEO orientations.
7. Lead the division in considering critical issues and coordinate implementation of programs and services.
8. Lead and manage the national office Division II staff and coordinate Division II staff support from various national office departments by facilitating communication with all functional areas of the national office regarding the work of the division and maintaining productive and collaborative working relationships with the various groups within the national office.
9. Collaborate with staff and membership of Divisions I and III on issues of Association wide import.
10. Manage the annual Division II budget allocation and plan for use of divisional resources.
11. Serve as the primary liaison to the Division II Presidents Council and provide support for the division's other primary governance unit (i.e., the Division II Management Council) through the summary of issues; identification of options and recommended courses of action.
Executive Vice President for Law, Policy and Governance
1. A bachelor's degree.
2. A minimum of 10 years of transferable professional experience in a senior executive leadership role.
3. Ability to collaborate effectively with senior leadership, both internally and externally.
4. Ability to communicate accurately and effectively, both in writing and orally.
5. Working knowledge of NCAA governance, with specific proficiency in Division II governance structure and functions.
6. Demonstrated high level organizational, managerial and administrative skills.
7. Ability to provide leadership across functional lines.
1. Advanced degree.
2. Experience in higher education and intercollegiate athletics.
1. Division II Membership
2. Division II Governance entities
3. Division I and Division II Governance Staff
4. Academic and Membership Affairs Staff
5. Association Wide Committee Staff
6. NCAA President, EVP & CLO, and COO
7. NCAA President's Cabinet
The NCAA invites letters of nomination, applications, or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the NCAA. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted prior to June 4, 2013. For additional information please contact:
Dan Parker, President
Laurie Wilder, Executive Vice President
Daniel Parker, Vice President
Shelana Poindexter, Associate
Parker Executive Search | 770-804-1996 ext: 113 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The national office staff is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of quality and professionalism by working together in an environment that promotes respect, communication and teamwork; by encouraging professional growth and training; by supporting creativity and vision; by seeking out diversity; and by fostering individual empowerment and personal well-being.
DiverseJobs.net - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard