Achieve revenue growth,corporate, guest, franchisee and employee satisfaction goals by supporting the operations of the hotels and by enforcing, communicating and implementing operations and development standards. Develop hotel owner/management company relations to achieve brand engagement and take effective corrective actions as necessary to optimize the quality and performance of the portfolio.
Potential Career Path
Senior Vice President of Operations – Executive Vice President of Operations – Chief Operating Officer
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Achieve profit, sales, market share and customer satisfaction goals by developing and implementing strategic plans which support performance improvement of region.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision, values and identities of the respective brands to hotels and the team.
- Analyze hotel performance and develop targeted, measurable strategic plans for improvement.
- Oversee and manage plan execution by effectively using field team and central resources to drive business results.
- Achieve revenue and customer satisfaction goals by building owner and management company relationships and influencing owners and operators to active performance plan engagement and execution.
- Foster open communication with owners/operators and effectively manage disagreements to drive optimal results.
- Take corrective actions as necessary to reinforce brand standards and identity; foster hotel teamwork by recognizing Brand - representative hotel performance.
- Lead a high performance team by effectively coaching and developing employees, fostering teamwork within and across the organization.
- Contribute to the development of operating concepts, processes and guidelines for hotels.
- Participate in the development of corporate strategies to support the achievement of customer service, brand identity and revenue goals.
- Improve customer satisfaction and loyalty by constantly analyzing hotel performance and developing plans to improve the guest services delivered by the hotel.
- Analyze hotel indicators for trends and opportunities and addresses specific areas of performance.
- Review the quality of hotel operations with Owners/Operators and assist in developing and implementing strategies to improve operations.
- Ensure hotels operate in compliance with legal obligations by working with legal counsel.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- Extensive hospitality operations experience leading to director or above level in a leadership role required.
- Experience with a hotel management company with a portfolio of select and limited service required.
- Experience with multiple brand families and exposure to lifestyle hotels, either branded or independent.
- Bachelors of Science preferred.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Frequent travel required.
- Work extended hours and be readily available to hotel and other leaders as needed.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 12 months ago