Reporting to the International Managing Director of eCommerce, the Vice President of Product Development and his/her team will be tasked with defining product vision and strategy, through product discovery and design, right down to execution for Christies.com.
- Business and Product Definition – With input from business stakeholders, develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Detailed Product Specifications – Oversee development of detailed product and UI requirements for large-scale and complicated features and products to drive simple, intuitive workflows for customers.
- Drive Development Activities across Cross Functional Teams – Work closely with software development and project management teams as well and partner organizations to lead product feature launches.
- Measure and Improve – Analyze product effectiveness and drive improvements through scalable, scrappy new features and processes to optimize resources at all times
- Continuously test and learn, leveraging data to drive decision-making
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years in product management in a consumer-facing or technology role
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Solid experience in directing a creative product development team, combining process management with the nurturing of a creative environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Demonstrated analytical skills; business trend analysis and forecasting
- Experience in bringing technology products to market in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Experience operating in a global environment
Christie's, originally founded in 1766 by James Christie, pursued an innovative real estate venture in 1995 by acquiring Great Estates, a...