Vice President of Professional Services
Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 2,000 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
This position is based in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina - USA.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Professional Services is responsible for the planning, designing, establishment and direction of professional services at Percona.
- Work with the Executive management team to develop a professional services strategy that aligns with Percona's business strategy
- Build and develop a comprehensive portfolio of professional services
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to identify new business opportunities
- Develop and implement methodologies and processes to ensure effective, efficient and scalable delivery.
- Lead communications with service managers to implement change and grow the service lines
- Coordination of activities and resources with groups or departments collaborating with services
- Manage professional services financial and operational budgets and KPIs
- Owns profitability model for the Professional Services business
- Strategic alignment
- Development and Design
- Service value evaluation
- Corporate relationship management
- Project management
- Business negotiation
- Conflict resolution
- 12+ years of related Industry experience
- 6+ years of total experience in senior management, with a minimum of 4
- years specifically devoted to service management.
- Remaining years’ requirement may include practice management, service
- development or change management
- MS/MBA highly desired
- BS/BA or equivalent minimum
Percona provides pay-as-you-go, prepaid and retainer-based consulting to create or scale applications built on the full LAMP stack (Linux,...