The Vice President for Student Affairs is the chief student services officer of the campus who performs duties necessary to formulate and implement the budget, staffing, policies and procedures, long range planning, staff development and professional leadership for the student affairs division. This position provides leadership for a comprehensive student affairs division including but not limited to: accessibility services, assessment center, admissions, advising, athletics, career and employment services, counseling, financial aid, health services, registration and student activities.
• Insures that student support programs and activities meet the goals and objectives of the College and meet the needs of the student population.
• Oversees all services related to students: provides leadership in the design and strategy for implementation and evaluation of all activities related to areas assigned.
• Plans, develops, implements and evaluates the student life and student support programs including advising, admissions, registration, financial aid, student life, accessibility services, health services, athletics, student government and activities, student newspapers, approve budgets, and student clubs.
• Directs the development and administration of the budget for the assigned functional areas, forecasts the need for additional funding for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitors and approves the expenditure of all budgeted funds and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Directs ongoing student and staff development activities and staff and program evaluations; oversees operation of the Student Center.
• Responsible for implementing College policies and procedures and the rules, regulations and laws of state and federal agencies as they relate to the student services area, with particular emphasis on FERPA , A-133 compliance, federal financial aid compliance, Title IX, and other applicable laws and regulations.
• Develops and oversees strategic initiatives to further the goals of individual students to effectively integrate programs and services with the College.
• Serves as Campus liaison with national, regional, state, and local agencies and organizations in the area of student services.
• May serve as Acting President in absence of College President.
Master’s Degree in a related area and over seven (7) years of full-time related administrative experience including five (5) years of progressively responsible educational experience.
Community college student affairs experience; progressively responsible education experience in a community college environment; doctorate degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three letters of recommendation are required when applying for this position. If you are unable to scan all three leters as one document to upload in the “Required Document” section there are two additional attachments in the “Optional Document” area to upload the additional letters.
St. Louis Community College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard