Vice President of Education & Youth Services
will manage the strategy and operations for the portfolio of EYS programs at FEGS. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and forward-thinking senior management team and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Workforce, Education & Youth for FEGS.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Works with EYS’s Leadership Team to continue to implement and modify the Division’s current strategic priorities.
- Plans, directs, oversees and monitors all program operations.
- Guides the Division’s approach to talent management and professional development to ensure that the EYS continue to employ a high quality workforce.
- Provides direction and supervision to management staff including input into decision related to hiring, human capital development, evaluation and training.
- Develops and implements new initiatives, grants and projects.
- Acts as a liaison to government, not-for-profit agencies and as a partner with agencies in the areas of contract management, resource development, referrals, recruitment training, assessment, and employment.
- Represents Agency at task force and funding source meetings.
- Monitors fiscal and program performance for all programs through development of budgets, revenue and expenditure projections, authorizes billing, analyzes budget variance reports, approves purchase orders and monitors petty cash.
- Prepares periodic narrative and fiscal reports, management reports, proposals, refunding applications and other documents, as required.
- Coordinates and integrates programs within the other divisions within the Agency to ensure integration and optimization of participant’s service delivery.
Educational/ Skill/ Experience:
New York, New York, United States
- Advanced degree required. Candidates with Social Work, Psychology, Education, Public Policy degrees preferred.
- Ten + years of experience working in leadership within the areas of youth development, education and workforce.
- Demonstrated commitment to using evaluation and the use of data for program improvement.
- Experience in fundraising including the engagement of public and private funders and grant writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of fiscal/budget management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with wide-range of stakeholders.
- Sensitivity and commitment to addressing issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Refined organizational skills and keen eye for detail.
F·E·G·S - 24 months ago