As a member of the purchasing staff the Buyer will be responsible for evaluating and purchasing new titles to add to our selection, driving sales through creative ideas and promotions, managing inventory and sell-through while maximizing profits, negotiating the best terms from vendors, and staying on top of industry trends and translating those trends (where appropriate) into product offerings for stores.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and deadline oriented.
- Able to understand, communicate, and manage various programs.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letters, resumes and salary history, in confidence to: email@example.com
- Relocation to Amarillo, TX.
- Two years of college preferred.
- Previous buying experience (preferably in the video/entertainment industry).
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, specifically with Office programs (Word and Excel).
- A self starter with a verifiable sense of urgency.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
Hastings Entertainment, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard