The Video Editor performs post-production editing, audio post-production, asset capture and asset management within the Creative Services group. This position is that of video editor, engineer, audio editor, video capture, motion graphics and footage management.
The Video Editor regularly interfaces with marketing and production staff to edit and capture materials for internal and external use. This position, in collaboration with the Video Production Manager, is accountable for the delivery of video projects for SEGA and manage established project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal partners (Marketing and Product Development) to produce & edit compelling video presentations, including but not limited to:
- Video trailers for PR and Marketing needs
- Gameplay footage
- Audio Production and Post-Production
- Voice Over Recording
- Motion graphics
- Screen shots
- DVD authoring
- Video compression
- Maintain quality specifications and standards for all equipment and processes in the Edit Bay.
- Troubleshoot equipment technicalities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to work with editing, sound booth, and mobile sound and video equipment which may require lifting, up to 25 pounds per piece.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong time and project management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to work well with people under pressure.
- Ability to interact in a credible manner with persons at all levels within the organization.
- Collaboration skills are necessary but should not take the place of the ability to make strong, fair and firm decisions.
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated, and has a visionary spirit.
- Ability to maintain pacing in situations of intense schedules.
*PORTFOLIO REQUIRED WITH RESUME SUBMISSION*
- 3-5 years of communications experience, specializing in corporate video, broadcast video and media production.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, communications, liberal arts, media production, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot Editing Suite equipment.
- Expert knowledge of encoding, compression, and streaming media.
- Understands video and audio signal flow.
- Expert abilities with the following hardware, software and 2-D graphics:
- Apple/Mac hardware and OSX
- Final Cut Studio 6, with After Effects expertise
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
- Digidesign Pro-Tools
- HDCAM and BetaCAM VTRs
- Standards Conversion
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of video and audio signal flow
To get SEGA of America to smile for a photo, try "Say 'Games!'" The subsidiary of Japan-based SEGA Corporation, makes...