The Atlantic |
is launching an in-house production studio to explore the frontiers of journalism and multimedia storytelling in the rapidly evolving world of online video. This production team will create a range of documentaries, interview series, and other nonfiction video content for The Atlantic ’s digital properties. This team will work in collaboration with The Atlantic ’s editors and writers to develop video concepts in their areas of expertise: politics, business, technology, health, entertainment, global affairs, etc.
We seek an experienced video producer/editor familiar with all aspects of nonfiction video production and a track record of making awesome videos for the web. As our first in-house “preditor,” the producer/editor will have the opportunity to help shape the visual style of Atlantic video and build the groundwork for a growing production unit. The producer/editor will report to the executive producer.
- Developing, shooting, and editing videos on a range of topics in The Atlantic ’s key verticals: politics, business, technology, health, entertainment, global affairs, etc.
- Managing the production process of concurrent projects from pre- through post-production
- Developing a sustainable, scalable workflow for the department
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of professional experience in journalistic/documentary video production
- Experience with industry-standard software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut 7, etc.), DSLR video workflow, and streaming services (e.g. Brightcove). Motion graphics skills are a plus.
- A track record of success creating compelling video for the web
- The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A deep knowledge of online video platforms and social media
- A creative, innovative sensibility and high editorial standards
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Atlantic Media Company - 23 months ago