We are rapidly expanding the scope of our team and are looking for a Video Production Assistant who will help with the day-to-day workflows of maintaining our digital asset management systems, video library, and media delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
Candidates should find joy in detail, efficiency, logistics, quality, and should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment.
- Support the Video Delivery Lead on day-to-day tasks
- Fulfill internal and external media requests
- Quality assurance of encoded media
- Tracking details and metadata for our archive of 30+ years of video
- Considerable amount of data entry into proprietary content management systems
Specific skills should include:
Experience with the following is a plus: (Please include details in your cover letter.)
- Expertise in Apple Compressor, Quicktime Pro 7, Final Cut 7 and FTP clients
- At ease in an Apple/Macintosh environment, especially in moving media across local and remote networks
- Understanding of NTSC video standards
- Comfort with digital asset management applications such as Filemaker Pro
The ideal candidate has significant experience working in a post-production environment, a genuine excitement about being around new technologies, interest in intelligent and leading-edge content, and has strong organization and project management skills. A broad interest in the world -- including science/technology, design/architecture, entertainment and the arts -- is necessary.
- Episode Pro
- Final Cut X
- After Effects
- DVD Studio Pro
- Adobe Encore
- Live streaming
- Understanding of PAL and SECAM video standards
This is a full-time position based in TED's downtown New York office. Role will begin as a 3-month contract position, with strong possibility of a full-time position, including full benefits.
TED - 13 months ago