Video Production Intern
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. is a global company with a strong history of innovation that dates back to 1985. Based in Columbia, Maryland, our staff develops, markets, and sells software for the architecture, landscape, and entertainment design industries. We also work with a large network of distributors to support our 450,000+ users around the world. Our focused growth plans include expanding our headquarters staff, increasing the internship based programs, as well as exploring regional offices throughout the United States. It’s an exciting time to join the Nemetschek family, and we hope you’ll take the time to learn more about our employment opportunities.
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. has opportunities for the 2013 summer and fall semesters on the Marketing Communications team:
Key experiences in this position will include:
Assemble recorded raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting. Tasks associated with that function include:
Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of the video director.
- Assemble all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred.
- Study provided scripts to become familiar with content concepts, performing additional research as necessary.
- Digitally cut the files to put together the sequence of the video and decide what is usable.
- Create a rough cut of the video and help determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages.
- Reorder and edit the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
- Suggest/or select music.
- Consult with the director, industry experts, and other stakeholders throughout the post-production process.
- Experiment with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements, and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using video editing equipment.
- Deliver the final product in the required specifications (to be provided).
As an intern at Nemetschek you will:
- Experience a semester of practical work at a global software company
- Work in an office environment where you'll gain teamwork and project management skills that are important in any career
- Begin to build your network of professional contacts
- Combine book knowledge and classroom instruction with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation
- Be provided the opportunity to meet the internship requirements of your degree program
Successful Applicant Qualities
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in film/video editing and production
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with film editing, and familiarity using Final Cut and Screen Flow software
- You must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in a college or university
- Internships require working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Qualified students in their junior/senior year of college will be considered for compensation of hours worked
- Nemetschek does not provide for transportation reimbursement costs
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits
Students interested in the opportunity to gain valuable work experience with a successful global software company should follow the instructions below to apply online.
Nemetschek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. - 22 months ago
Work for Us
Are you ready to work somewhere where you really enjoy what you’re doing? Then explore a job opportunity with...