Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Sledgehammer Games was founded with the singular purpose of making great action games. We have a brand new state of the art studio facility and an industry leading development team working on a world class franchise - this is an opportunity of a lifetime. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty First Person Shooter development team. If you have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, apply online. We're always looking for great people.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Reference reels for art and animation teams
- Provide general editorial support for the Video Director, including:
- Reviewing, organizing and cataloging footage
- Assist in Editing of a wide variety of internal and external video pieces, encompassing any and all of the following:
o Animatics & Ripomatics
o Gameplay Trailers
o Interview-driven “Behind the Scenes” and other supplemental Marketing/PR online content
o Exec Presentations
- Assist in the design and construction of static titles and animated motion graphics as needed
- Backup and Archiving of completed projects (and associated media)
- Shoot video reference and B-Roll/Interview footage as required in support of video pieces listed above.
- Encode and author media assets for distribution to a wide range of environments including:
o Mobile Devices
o Game Consoles
o Disc-based physical media such as DVD and Blu-Ray.
o Setting up and coordinating video digitizing sessions
- Assist Video Director as needed in the creation of internal and external presentations utilizing Apple’s Keynote software.
- Provide support and technical troubleshooting to studio staff as necessary for in-house AV infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to tasks such as:
o Assisting with setup and configuration of AV gear for in-house presentations and meetings
o Troubleshooting media playback issues across a wide range of devices etc.
Principal Working Relationships
- Works closely with Video Post-Production Director as well as members of Production and Audio staff.
- Interacts with other department heads/leads as necessary to coordinate delivery of assets.
Special Knowledge, Skills
- 4-yr degree in Film, Graphic Design or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years experiencing working as an Editor or an Assistant Editor in a Film, Animation or Games studio context.
- Must possess strong skills in Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Creative Suite (with After Effects and Photoshop being the key applications) -- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X a plus.
- Should possess good understanding of video formats and compression as it relates to delivering media assets across a wide range of environments, including online, mobile devices and disc based media (including DVD and Blu-ray).
- Possesses strong understanding and technical knowledge of the type of gear liable to be found in a professional post production suite (Patch Bay, Scan Converter, Matrix Router, HD capture card etc). -- Experience working in a SAN post-production environment preferred. (XSAN, Avid Unity or similar).
- Should be able to manage all aspects of a small scale video shoot as needed (including setup and operation of lights, mic, camera etc).
- Should possess a strong sense of composition, framing, layout and general typographic principles – An Art or Graphic Design background is preferred.
- Should possess good skills in general office productivity software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Keynote Presentation software is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of how to use and troubleshoot latest versions of both MacOSX and Windows.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced (and deadline driven) production environment.
United States-California-Foster City
Activision - 21 months ago