The Videographer and Photographer creates compelling, forward-thinking and concise videos that support the goals, objectives and brand of Prairie State College while inspiring and informing prospective students, alumni, staff, faculty, donors and other stakeholders. In addition, produces photographic material in both digital and traditional formats to be used in college marketing material and on the website. This person is responsible for pre-production, production and post-production and must understand interactive marketing and content strategy in order to create compelling and relevant material for use on websites, social media, digital advertising and other digital channels. The Videographer and Photographer is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
Direct reporting relationship to the Manger, Design and Multimedia Services.
1. Performs audio and video scheduling, recording, editing, mixing, duplication, and final production in a self-directed manner.
2. Performs production set-ups that include camera, lighting, audio systems, etc., and maintains the equipment.
3. Creates digital audio, visual, and photo files to support teaching and learning.
4. Take photographs of college events, students, and other activities when needed.
5. Works collaboratively all of the Communications and Marketing staff to brainstorm and execute video and photography that furthers specific marketing plans, campaigns, strategies or budgets.
6. Develops and maintains relationships with college clients to ensure regular flow of accurate, up-to-date video content for the web, social media and other platforms. Knowledge of what is current in terms of videos on social media sties and what is trending in video and social media.
7. Evaluates video projects and their effectiveness.
8. Manages and maintains a library of colleges’ video and audio assets while ensuring that people, events, special occasions, and physical spaces and structures are captured visually in anticipation of needs.
9. Recommends purchases and maintains inventory of video, audio and multimedia production equipment and computer software.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work and is occasionally subject to work out of doors. Employee is frequently required to move objects from 20-50 pounds. Lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds is also required occasionally. Crawling, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, hearing and talking are also required.
1. B.A. or B.S. in Communication, Media Arts, Photography,Film/Videography, or another related field.
2. Demonstrated ability to use digital video technology to successfully create and produce video materials.
3. Knowledge of computers and standard computer applications related to video and multimedia production, including Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro.
4. Knowledgeable of photographic skills and understands lighting.
5. Highly creative and able to receive constructive criticism appropriately.
6. Self-starter who can work independently, solve problems and manage multiple projects at once.
7. Must be able to work quickly under deadline pressure and follow through on assignments.
8. Ability to concentrate and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
9. Able to travel and work outside of normal business hours both on- and off-campus as shoots require.
10. A portfolio is required.
11. Internship or work experience required.
1. Two years of video production experience, preferably within higher education.
Anticipated Work Hours and Days
M – F 8am – 4:30pm some weekends and evenings
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.
Prairie State College - 30+ days ago