Vietnamese English Bilingual Interpreter
ONLY APPLY TO THIS POSTING IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN THE TUCSON AREA!
Full Time with Excellent Benetis!
CyraCom International is recognized as the 2nd largest provider of Over-the-Phone Interpretation in the world by research firm Common Sense Advisory. With centers located in Tucson, Phoenix, and Las Cruces, NM, CyraCom has developed into one of the largest and most innovative language services companies in the United States. Named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in 2011, CyraCom, LLC, was awarded an exclusive endorsement from the American Hospital Association for its interpretation solutions.
Three weeks of paid, classroom training is provided by CyraCom. The training is designed to teach interpretation skills and improve vocabulary to service over 2,500 clients in healthcare, business and government. Training also focuses on improved note taking skills and teaches protocols that facilitate accurate meaning for meaning interpretation. The training ends with telephone practice sessions where the trainees are paired with an experienced interpreter to take actual customer calls.
Skills / Requirements
- Provide consecutive, meaning for meaning, first-person over the phone interpretation.
- Follow all CyraCom policies and procedures related to information confidentiality and interpreter ethics.
- Facilitate accurate communication between clients and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) clients and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Have familiarity and ability to work with diversity of cultural/socioeconomic background.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the job function by passing a Proficiency Level & Interpretation Skills Assessment.
- 18 years of age, documents to proof legal right to work in the United States, and pass a pre-employment criminal and personal background check.
- This position requires to be sitting for extended periods of time.
- GED, High School Diploma or Higher Education.
CyraCom International, Inc.’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind. Cyracom International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CyraCom International, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace .
- Interpreting experience is not required.
- Previous employment working with customers is preferred.
CyraCom International Inc. - 21 months ago