FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Work Schedule: Managers are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their duties. Must be able to attend DE Meeting and Sales Meeting each week as well as monthly company meetings.
Reports To: CEO
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Vintage House Restaurant – Front of House and Back of House. It will also be involved with the direct marketing and selling of Messina Hof Winery and Resort, and is responsible for the logistics of all events.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Oversee aspects of the Vintage House – Front of House and Back of House.
· Supervise Kitchen staff and waitstaff to include hiring, training, discipline and managing employee development plans.
· Maintain waitstaff files and process administrative paperwork regarding personnel, including, but not limited to, Absence Requests, Disciplinary Forms, Counseling Forms, etc.
· Creation of waitstaff schedules according to event and reservation needs.
· Responsible for creating a weekly waitstaff meeting curricula (primary focus of these meetings will center on service, efficiency, Messina Hof wine knowledge, safety, teamwork, upcoming Messina Hof/Designer Events, POS system, and restaurant/company procedures).
· Weekly meetings to be followed up by active evaluation of the staff on these focuses.
· Facilitates Messina Hof’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
· Be responsible for achieving sales goals and profitability
· Responsible for assisting to maximize sales and control expenses to make restaurant most profitable and run within budgetary guidelines.
· Maintain Front of House and Back of House labor expenses at or under budget.
· Do Inventory Control and Reconciliation.
· Be responsible for all cash and non-cash transactions.
· Update Vintage House policy and procedure manuals as necessary.
· Budget preparation.
· Do General Ledger budget reconciliation.
· Be responsible for safety and protection of departmental employees, including ongoing work site analyses.
· Assist in the processing of time cards and tip shares for Vintage House employees.
· Oversee and maintain physical plant / maintenance reports.
· Assist in selling, planning and coordinating all in-house events (including but not limited to Cooking School, Wine and Roses Festival, Harvest, Wine Premiere, Murder Mystery Dinners, Winemaker’s Birthday Bash and New Year’s Eve Party) and contracted events.
· Assist in planning, event set-up, execution and tear down for both In-House and DE events.
· Promote dinners, events, parties and repeat sales at the Winery and Vintage House.
· Call on key accounts and network with marketing department on ads and promotions.
· Submit promotions and marketing suggestions and collaborate with marketing to develop aggressive Vintage House marketing strategies.
· Responsible for on-going organization and cleanliness of Restaurant, Resource Room, Gallery and Barn.
· Oversee purchasing of all food and related supplies
· Be responsible for overall cleanliness.
· Be responsible for preparation of meals and menus.
· Assist in maintenance of a 95 or better score in Health Department Inspections.
· Act as liaison between Vintage House vendors, suppliers and Messina Hof Staff.
· Train all staff involved in Food and Beverage service on computer handling and restaurant procedures.
· Other duties as designated.
· Three to five (3-5) years experience in fine dining restaurant in front of house and kitchen, and event management. Experience in management, retail or a related field working closely with the public and Hotel Management.
· Must have active Kitchen Manager Certificate at all times.
· Able to supervise waitstaff, captains, event sales persons, and kitchen staff.
· Ability to execute and improve existing MH events, as well as design and plan new events.
· Able to use a personal computer for register transactions, word processing, spreadsheets and budgeting of expenses incurred, on a monthly basis. Ability to read P&L’s and control cost centers.
· Good communication skills, personnel skills, highly motivated, and highly organized.
· Must be detailed oriented and able to coordinate various activities simultaneously. Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
· Must have good written and oral communication skills.
· Must have basic wine knowledge to help customer service.
· Ability to deal with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Messina Hof Winery & Resort - 2 years ago