The Call Center Member Sales Representative will provide sales and service support for Member-based business. In doing so, the Associate will provide superior service on a compliant basis for all inbound/outbound Member activity that results from Member calls, e-mail and internet activity.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Professionally service Member activity associated with loan and deposit services:
Provide a superior level of sales and support for all Member Services Representatives (MSRs) and lending staff:
- Provide accurate information for all products and services, as well as the status of all Member accounts;
- Cross-sell alternative or additional services where they best fit the Member’s needs;
- Generate checking accounts for existing Members;
- Make referrals to Specialists for all membership, deposit and loan products;
- Assume primary ownership over all Member issues by accurately documenting, researching and resolving or escalating Member issues associated with any product or service;
- Accurately document all requests for new membership, loans, deposit accounts and ancillary services;
- Provide basic financial services advice to Members that promotes their financial well-being.
Meet or exceed all sales, service and productivity goals established for this position.
- Perform consumer loan and new deposit account documentation and processing that will ensure the proper creation and maintenance of Member accounts;
- Assist in the development of competitive and/or Member information that will support sales initiatives;
- Act as liaison for MSRs and lending staff as needed to ensure timely and quality Member sales and service;
- Assist other MSRs and lending staff based on work requirements.
Maintain an up-to-date status of all sales support and processing activity with routine reporting to management.
Perform other duties as required by Credit Union management.
Develop an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
On a self-directed basis, continue to improve individual level of competency through training and certification on established educational programs.
Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Must be able to perform in a high volume call center making decisions on how to respond to the Member’s original purpose in contacting us but then quickly ascertain and initiate the appropriate cross sales discussion.