This position will work directly within the Virtual Construction Department overseeing and supporting coordination efforts throughout the company. The Virtual Construction Coordination Manager is responsible for managing the start-up and execution of multiple coordination projects and coordinators, ensuring consistency amongst each of the projects. The position will also shape DAVIS’ virtual coordination best practices and education program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage coordination execution from start-up through closeout.
- Complete coordination start-up activities based on company standard practices.
- Coordinate, manage, and manipulate models created by design team partners, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Develop supplementary models to be used in the coordination process.
- Assist and oversee coordination day-to-day responsibilities.
- Track coordination progress on assigned projects.
- Identify opportunities to expand or improve DAVIS’ coordination efforts and incorporate into coordination standards.
- Actively coordinate projects as the need demands.
- Work with existing conditions and field technologies to harness the full potential of the coordination effort.
- Serve as a liaison with Operations and promote the adoption and implementation of virtual construction initiatives.
- Attend industry events to stay atop building information modeling (BIM) trends and developments.
- Collaborate with all parties involved in the construction process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience.
- MS Office - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel experience.
- Must possess a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction project management, including safety standards.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands when working in both a team-based collaborative environment and independently.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using building information modeling software applications, including but not limited to Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
- 2 or more years of project experience coordinating projects using virtual construction tools and techniques.
- Project management experience.
James G. Davis Construction - 22 months ago