The Virtual Training Specialist will serve as a key member of the SHRM Education Team. This role will work closely with the Manager of Education Programs to implement the virtual seminar strategy with the goal of delivering educational training of the highest caliber to our members. This position will provide the required knowledge and support for the virtual learning platforms for SHRM seminars.
Manage appropriate access and functionality of the virtual training platform. Maintain the virtual training course schedule for both in-house and public seminars. Create virtual learning classrooms using Adobe, Blackboard, or another delivery platform. Maintain the archive library of all classes; posting and removing as appropriate.
Work collaboratively with the Education Department at-large; serving as an on-site coordinator for face-to-face seminars. Create, distribute and evaluate surveys for all of SHRMs education seminars.
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
- Provide technical support throughout the course and support outside the normal business hours if necessary (very minimal).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of virtual learning platforms such as Adobe Connect or Blackboard
- Knowledge of Mac/Apple programs
- Knowledge of training or professional development programs
- Ability to learn Timms
- Technologically savvy
- Well-versed in Adobe Connect (preferably Adobe Connect 8), Blackboard or other virtual learning programs
- Experience with SharePoint
- Versed in financial reporting
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong PC skills and expertise in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong customer service skills
- Work both independently and within a team
- lifting 0-30 lbs
- 15% Travel
Work environment is primarily office based. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 2 years ago