This is Sujeet Salver, I'm a Technical Recruiter with AurionPro Solutions Inc.
Our Client is seeking Virtualization Architect. Location: Pleasanton, CA , Duration : 6 Months + Extendable,, This candidate must have the following experience:
Description : This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of virtualization solutions at an enterprise level. Expertise with virtualization and network infrastructure technologies such as VMware vSphere, Citrix VDI, Citrix XenApp, Cloud Automation, LAN, WAN, and Data Center. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization technologies from both a design and engineering perspective. The candidate will be able to demonstrate technical capabilities and solution offerings for virtualization in the Data Center, on the Desktop, and in the Cloud. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of virtualization infrastructure projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced internetworking solutions.
- Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements.
- Develop automation for VM creation, configuration, and provisioning.
- Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning.
- Review network and system design for network security and other risks during course of projects. Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned.
- Documents the current and future solutions. Provides a consistent framework for business solutions.
- Leverage automation framework to improve processes, automate deployment, and improve manageability of environment.
- Review and assess new technologies as they apply to process automation.
- Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers.
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to State Fund internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secures network and server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects and implementations.
- Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of business system servers
- Design and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments.
- Manage implementation of virtualization projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to team members. Design and deploy automation/workflow solutions in collaboration with Developers, QA Engineers, Release Managers, Deployment Managers, Project Managers and Operations staff.
- Design and completely implement functional, scalable automation and orchestration solutions.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in overall IT (either systems or network engineering)
- Expert level experience with vCloud Director, vSphere, ESX/ESX, Hyper-V, VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer and related VDI products.
- Advanced Technical Certifications including knowledge of virtualization, networking, storage, and compute platforms.
- Experience & passion supporting a production infrastructure.
- Experienced in the design and operation of large scale Virtualization, Utility Computing and Cloud based platforms in a SaaS environment.
- Experience developing or contributing to the development of an enterprise architecture and/or Infrastructure architecture framework is strongly desired.
- At least 5+ years of Data Center experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms ( Netapp, Cisco, EMC, etc)
- Experience with cloud automation technologies.
- Experience with Cisco UCS.
- Hands on experience with VMware vSphere, Citrix VDI-in-a-box, Citrix XenApp and other virtualization products.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft and Linux networked environment.
- At least 2 years technical implementation experience with storage technologies (SAN, FCP/ISCSI and NAS)
- 3 years of experience with automation and scripting technologies.
- Broad experience managing load balancers, networking devices, web applications, databases, and server management tools.
- Experience with configuration management/ automation/ orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet, or CFEngine.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, various WAN technologies (Metro Ethernet, MPLS, etc).
- Thorough understanding of networking technologies, including administration of enterprise routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers (OSI layers 4-7)
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSI layer 3 networks and protocols, including broadcast, multicast, anycast concepts, routing, etc.
- Understanding of network security methodologies as a whole, including but not limited to: ACLs, Stateful firewalls, VPNs (tunneling, IPsec, PPTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, both Cisco Nexus and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
- Good understanding with database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
- Experience with large project rollouts at an enterprise level.
- Ability to Assess, Architect, Design, and Implement Servers, Server Virtualization, and Private Cloud Environments at the enterprise level.
- Recent experience with design, implementation and support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS highly desired.
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing network service and similar support providers in a client/vendor relationship
- Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative effort.
- Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop strong working relationships with customer technical personnel.
- Capable of mentor others and lead by example.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
Qualifications and Certifications :
- Bachelors degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
- Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
- Citrix CCA or CCEA is preferred.
- Experience with VMware SRM and VCops desired.
- Microsoft MCSE or MCITP certification is preferred
- Experience with converged infrastructure solutions from Cisco/NetApp FlexPod desired.
- VMware VCP5 certification is required; VCAP or VCDX is a plus.
aurionPro Solutions, Inc .
Fax: 732 909 2221
( www.aurionPro.com )
Consecutive Winner of Deloitte Fast 50 (India) and Fast 500 (Asia/Pac) Awards 2007 & 2008
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AurionPro Solutions Ltd - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -