Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
Description of position
Costco Wholesale is looking for a Virtualization Architect who is a proven innovator, desiring the opportunity to design and implement highly-scalable virtual solutions within a large enterprise environment and drive Service Oriented Architecture initiatives.
The Virtualization Architect is responsible for strategic planning, design, and implementation of x86-based virtual server and virtual desktop platforms across the organization to ensure a high level of performance, data integrity, availability, and security. The Architect is also responsible for the application of policies and procedures adhering to company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The right candidate is highly motivated and self-directed, enjoys driving complex initiatives within a large organization, and has demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and mentoring.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Design and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments.
- Provide technical Architecting and design review to virtualize new and existing server systems, applications, infrastructure, and hardware to ensure data protection and high availability.
- Partner with vendors to understand applications, strategies, and roadmaps for current, as well as new and emerging technologies.
- Drive POC initiatives to support the company’s SOA and cloud-based initiatives.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects and various SOA-based teams to develop long-term strategic goals to meet future business demands.
- Develop business cases to justify strategic investment in systems architecture, including analysis of future growth and cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop automation for VM creation, configuration, and provisioning.
- Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure platform security.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to team members.
- Provide third-level support for incident resolution in designated areas of expertise.
- Available for 24x7x365 on-call support and work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- 5+ years of current experience architecting complex enterprise solutions and developing technical strategies.
- Expert-level knowledge and focused experience in an enterprise environment in at least three of the following disciplines: VMware vSphere ( 4.1-5.0 ), VMware vCenter, VMware View, VMware vCloud Director , Active Directory design, and Cisco Unified Computing Systems.
- Strong experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows and RHEL servers, networks, and clusters in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding in networking and storage fundamentals, architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present to groups and executives.
- Proficient technical documentation and written skills.
- Current experience leading and setting priorities in fast-paced team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is highly preferred.
- Microsoft MCSE or MCITP certification is preferred.
- Good understanding with database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
Costco Wholesale - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...