The Office of Integrated Technologies, Server Systems Group, seeks an experienced Virtualization Systems Administrator to support the college’s virtual server and desktop environment. Preferred candidates will have knowledge administering Citrix and/or VMware servers in a high availability setting that provides the back-end computing infrastructure for forward facing remote access servers, desktops, thin-clients and Xenapps. Successful applicants should have demonstrated work experience administering servers in a highly available and distributed environment.
Duties include: assisting technical personnel in analyzing standard equipment problems and in determining causes of system malfunctions; assuming responsibility for complex systems analysis projects; enhancement of existing systems; serve as a liaison between users of various systems and technical units in determining user needs and devising solutions to systems problems.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated work experience administering servers in a highly available and distributed environment. The candidate should possess strong analytic, communication & collaborative skills, and be knowledgeable about emerging trends in technology.
• Associate's degree with 4 years of work related server administration experience
• Experience provisioning Citrix thin-clients and Xenapps
• Understanding of virtualization and cloud computing
• Familiar with Active Directory and 3rd party server products
• Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field with 2 years work-related server administration experience
• Experience managing virtual servers and desktops
• Experience evaluating, testing and implementing new software
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to produce desired results
• Experience in an academic or higher education computing setting
Occasional travel and on call/overtime hours will be required.
Rank/Salary: $55,000 - $60,000, depending on qualifications
Applications Due By: April 26, 2013.
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security