Assistant Professor of Sculpture, full-time one-year appointment teaching 4 courses each semester in Sculpture, Ceramics, Art Foundations, and Cultural Foundations (Understanding and Appreciating the Arts), beginning August 15, 2013. The ideal candidate’s research and pedagogy will be informed by both a broad knowledge of sculptural traditions and contemporary practice in sculpture (which could include installation, environmental art, new media, and/or social practice). Proficiency in digital technology and ability to work across disciplines is preferred.
- Teaching includes Ceramics, Art Foundations, and may include the development of a Sculpture Topics course at the Wild Basin Creative Research Center.
- Additionally, applicants will teach in the Cultural Foundations program, Understanding and Appreciating the Arts for non-majors.
- Curriculum development in light of areas of expertise.
- Enthusiastic participation in planning and implementing departmental goals.
- Select participation in departmental, School of Humanities and University projects, events.
- Assist with studio maintenance and supervision of the ceramics facilities.
- Maintain engagement in creative research and associated professional activities.
- Fulfillment of other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Manual.
- MFA in 3D Studio Area (Ceramics / Sculpture / Interdisciplinary 3-D).
- Demonstrated effective teaching at the undergraduate level required.
- The successful candidate will have expertise in a wide range of modeling and fabrication skills possibly including, but not limited to: clay, wood, metal, plastics and found objects; mold making; and familiarity with digital technology and new media preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a significant and ongoing record of creative achievement and teaching effectiveness in both lower and upper division courses.
- Educational philosophy consistent with liberal arts emphasis and the mission of St. Edward’s University.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative environment with a diverse faculty.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check.
St. Edward's University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard