AmazonFresh is Amazon’s grocery and non-grocery home delivery service in Seattle that delivers unique selection and incredible convenience to our customers. Customers order fresh produce, locally-sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and non-grocery items, then schedule their desired home delivery from our fleet of trucks. We're looking for an energetic, innovative, and customer-obsessed visual web designer with a background in retail websites to join our team.
We need a highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person with a sense of humor and a sharp mind who works well under pressure and can thrive in an atmosphere of rapid development. Candidate must be comfortable working within existing style conventions and creating new ones where none exist. Must be able to work collaboratively as well as independently, bringing high standards and well-informed ideas to the table.
Successful candidates will provide a strong portfolio and demonstrate excellent web interface and visual design skills.
- Collaborate with other designers as well as product management, development, and business teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic solutions to build a superior customer experience for AmazonFresh.
- Produce sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and visual standards for merchandising or promotions across the retail web process.
- Provide and manage design documentation, style guides, and specifications.
- Proactively manage own time and deadlines.
- Partner with marketing team to create relevant assets for site merchandising, banner ads, email campaigns, etc.
- Photography selection and photo editing/retouching.
What you bring:
- Strong visual design aesthetic with a bias for simplification.
- Capacity for creating fun, functional designs and layouts that are scalable and reusable.
- Obsession with anticipating and advocating customer needs.
- Strong foundation in user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present ideas eloquently and concisely.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, lead the design process, and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced by business needs and customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly turn around detailed comps/mockups in an iterative environment.
- Ability to work directly with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, online marketing, and great user-centered design solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in web design/online marketing
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- An expert understanding of the trends in web design/online marketing
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- Strong portfolio work and interest in typography, including emerging standards such as webfonts.
- eCommerce/retail design experience
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines
- Art direction and experience setting up photo shoots
- Knowledge of information architecture, usability, and UI Design
- HTML/CSS proficiency and standards knowledge as applies to presentation layer work (e.g. responsive layouts, rendered graphics vs. CSS techniques, etc).
- Proofreading or copywriting experience.
- Passion for design, web technologies, industry standards and trends.
Amazon.com - 15 months ago