Are you passionate about a world where you can increasingly watch any movie or TV show ever produced, whenever you want, on any screen you want? Fanhattan is at the forefront of a rapidly changing entertainment industry where all the world ’s entertainment is increasingly available on-demand from a wide variety of leading on-demand services, including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, iTunes, Vudu, Crackle, HBO Go, and Xfinity.
Fanhattan is a service that inspires you to discover all the world°s entertainment. Launched on-stage at All Things Digital in June 2011, Fanhattan brings a new approach to entertainment discovery by helping you browse across leading on-demand services with a simple and elegant user experience – in the living room, on the web, and on the go.
The Visual Design Lead for Fanhattan TV will take the vision of Fanhattan and develop, communicate, and implement it for the 10 ’ experience as part of a full suite of products for the digital living room. The successful candidate will be responsible for the visual design (and some UX) for our TV experience including information architecture, look and feel, and some interaction design.
If digital entertainment is your passion, Fanhattan is for you: an obsession for user experience, disruptive technology, high-profile investors, and an experienced team of designers, engineers, and executives from both the technology and entertainment industries.
Fanhattan is headquartered 3,000 miles away from the East Side of Manhattan, in downtown San Mateo.
- Drive visual design and provide creative thought leadership by combining industry best practices with your own insights about human behavior
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and other internal clients to define the Fanhattan user experience and visual design as it applies to the 10 ’ TV experience, directly shaping the product with your design ideas
- Write design specifications and ensure that we implement these specifications through the development cycle and delivery
- Lead design reviews and build buy-in for your ideas across an organization of very bright, opinionated colleagues
- Work in partnership with Marketing to develop brand guidelines that deliver best-in-class branding and resonate with our partners and their customers
- Design visionary with 7 or more years of visual and UX design across the Web, software, mobile, and TV experiences (or some sub-set, with TV experience highly desirable). Consumer electronic product experience is a huge plus, such as set-top boxes, smart phones, or other hand-held devices.
- Played a key role in product development in a company that created a new market or product category —defining itself, its brand, and target consumer segments
- Excellent intuition for usability and design, with an ability to balance creativity with the practical constraints of timing, budget, and scope inherent in the business world
- Powerful convictions and persuasive in educating organizations about smart design choices, using effective mediation skills when needed
- Proven record of delivering products on time and in keeping with high quality standards; familiar with tools and techniques that drive product management and engineering
- Bi-focal in nature —strategic thinker who can roll up his or her sleeves and participate in detailed day-to-day execution
- Effective leadership: emotionally intelligent, optimistic, visionary, entrepreneurial, candid, and results oriented
- Ability to multi-task in startup and maturing business environments
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you ’re passionate about building the next wave of immersive experiences around digital media and consumer electronics devices, this role is for you.
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the label “User Experience Design Lead ”, followed by your first and last name, in the subject line.
Fanhattan is a new digital entertainment discovery service to help you navigate the increasing number of premium digital content sources -...