AmazonFresh is Amazon’s grocery and non-grocery home delivery service in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles that delivers unique selection and incredible convenience to our customers. Customers order fresh produce, locally-sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and non-grocery items, then schedule their desired home delivery from our fleet of trucks. We're looking for an energetic, innovative, and customer-obsessed visual web and print designer with a background in retail websites to join our team.
We need a highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person with a sense of humor and a sharp mind who works well under pressure and can thrive in an atmosphere of rapid development. Candidate must be comfortable working within existing style conventions and creating new ones where none exist. Must be able to work collaboratively as well as independently, bringing high standards and well-informed ideas to the table.
Successful candidates will provide a strong portfolio and demonstrate excellent web interface and visual design skills.
- Collaborate with other designers as well as product management, development, and business teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic solutions to build a superior customer experience for AmazonFresh.
- Produce sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and visual standards for merchandising or promotions across the retail web process.
- Proactively manage own time and deadlines.
- Partner with marketing team to create relevant assets for site merchandising, banner ads, email campaigns, etc.
- Partner with marketing team to create relevant printed and environmental marketing (tote inserts, truck wraps, booklets, transit center advertisements, etc.)
- Photography selection and photo editing/retouching.
What you bring:
- Strong visual design aesthetic with a bias for simplification.
- Capacity for creating fun, functional designs and layouts that are scalable and reusable.
- Obsession with anticipating and advocating customer needs.
- Strong foundation in user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present ideas eloquently and concisely.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, lead the design process, and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced by business needs and customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly turn around detailed comps/mockups in an iterative environment.
- Ability to work directly with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- At least one year experience in designing for retail web sites.
- Design degree and/or 4-year college degree preferred.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating excellent web interface, print, and visual design skills.
- Proficient skill level in the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Visio, Omnigraffle, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Fluent in English with a proven track record of presenting to business stakeholders
- Strong portfolio work and interest in typography, including emerging standards such as webfonts.
- HTML/CSS proficiency and standards knowledge as applies to presentation layer work (e.g. responsive layouts, rendered graphics vs. CSS techniques, etc).
- Proofreading or copywriting experience.
- Passion for design, web technologies, industry standards and trends.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online....