The User Experience and Creative Group of Sears is looking for a senior Web designer/graphic designer to join their team. The ideal candidate is a highly independent self-starter with at least two-three years of experience and a great sense of humor. The User Experience and Creative Group is made up of a motivated group of close-knit professionals, including developers, information architects, Web designers and other creative types who work hard every day to provide an intuitive and innovative experience for the customer.
If you like to laugh hard, live life harder, and desire to work in a dot-com start-up type environment that relies on collaboration and imagination, then we’d like to talk to you right away. Okay, there are a few other requirements we’re asking for — so take a look at the list below. If you have all, or most, of these qualifications, we’d like to hear from you right away!
What we’re looking for:
Although production work is part of the daily responsibilities of this position, this designer will routinely be called upon to create cutting-edge designs that align with the brand of the site while enhancing the user experience. This position will include, but not be limited to, designing navigation, splash/landing pages and icons.
- Two to three years experience in web interface and layout design
- A Bachelor's degree (or comparable work experience) and experience in a web-related environment
- Strong design background
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Flash experience a plus
- Portfolio that displays an understanding of user-centered design (online portfolio preferred)
- Willingness to work closely with information architects, copywriters, developers and others to produce a team-driven end product that leads to a top-notch user experience
- Must be able to deliver high quality work consistently and on time
- An appreciation for the excellence that the above collaboration can produce
- Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize work
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...