! Job Description
IRI is seeking a visual design professional passionate about creating visual solutions in data intensive environments. Our Users seek insights through careful explorations of consumer data to understand the causes and effects of shopping behaviors. We want a creative problem-solver who will collaborate with some of the best User Experience Architects and Developers in the business to create consistent contexts to explore in. IRI Visual Designers combine talent, creativity, and knowledge of the latest technical capabilities to design interfaces that are a joy to use, facilitate understanding, and enable intuitive interaction while elevating our brand.
· Work under the direction of an User Experience Vice President or Directors to develop and establish interactive visual design systems for applications
· Demonstrate ability to compose visually stunning concepts on a wide range of projects from mobile applications to complex enterprise systems to tablets
· Design new and creative approaches to visualizing data and presenting information that facilitates user understanding and is aesthetically compelling
· Present design concepts in a professional and logical manner
· Articulate and support design decisions based on the goals of the project, the design strategy and a knowledge of design theory
· Collaborate with User Experience Architects, Writers and Developers to develop and iterate a visual design that exceeds the goals of the project
· Develop style guides, including visual design languages and systems, interaction patterns, and information design standards
Required Experience & Skills
· An understanding of CPG issues is very desirable; financial visualization experience may substitute
· An inquisitive, intellectually ambitious nature
· Current and review-ready portfolio
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Graphic Design
· Minimum 3-5 years experience
· Ability to solve problems using research, keen instincts and organizational experience
· Experience being part of a collaborative design environment and a desire to work as part of a team
· Understanding and experience with user-centered design methodologies and practices—in particular, the role of design in creating usable and effective Web interfaces
· Exceptional interaction design, motion graphic and/or cinematic animation skills
· The ability to present and support creative concepts in a professional and engaging manner
· Professional-level design software proficiency ( Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
· In-depth understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS, and the capabilities of Web browsers
SIG is a leader in delivering powerful market and shopper information, predictive analysis and the foresight that leads to action. We go beyond the data to ignite extraordinary growth for our clients in the CPG, retail and over-the-counter healthcare industries by pinpointing what matters and illuminating how it can impact their businesses across sales and marketing. SIG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Image Recognition Integrated Systems (IRIS), a Belgian company founded in 1987 and listed on Euronext Brussels (IRI), is a leader in the...