This just in--read what all the fuss is about:
Are you looking for an awesome place to work that allows you to think outside the box? A company that believes in constant and never-ending improvement all the while being respectful to others? Where strategic thinking, bold ideas, solving challenging problems and making a huge impact, and flawless execution are expected and supported?
If this sounds like an environment in which you’ll thrive, please read on…
Reporting to the Senior Interaction Designer, the Visual Designer will be responsible executing the front-end design of our websites and work with the design and web development teams to meet the initiatives set forth by the Director of Product and in accordance with the business goals of TakeLessons.
The primary focus of the Visual Designer will be to envision, create, and illustrate graphical elements that are consistent with the overall TakeLessons brand and image.
What are the primary responsibilities of this role?
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Execute on the projects taken on by the design team, including effort estimation, resource coordination, and status updates
- Create and manage successful processes for the execution of graphic design projects, including template documents, development process improvements, and meeting formats
- Assist in creation of the visual identity and language in use by TakeLessons and ensure its consistent usage across all design projects, maintaining overall brand continuity
- Design and maintain the user experience, user interface, layout, visual appearance and usability of the TakeLessons.com website, and subsidiary sites
- Take prototype layouts and user interfaces for new or existing features fand translate them into visually appealing designs that adhere to usability principles and brand guidelines
- Develop functioning standards compliant web pages from designs using CSS / XHTML
- Work closely with marketing on designs for promotional and marketing material as needed
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent degree/experience
- 3 - 5 years professional experience designing web sites using CSS, XHTML
- 1+ years of exp or one major project in mobile design experience
- Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS required, and of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
What is it like to work at TakeLessons?
- User Interface design principles, user interaction modeling, user testing
- Experience creating functional prototypes
Benefits and Culture
- Fast-paced and fluid start-up environment
- Dynamic and fast-growing business
- Focused on getting things done
- Hardworking teams having fun along the way
- Goal-oriented and numbers driven
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; Paid Time Off (PTO); Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
To learn more about our culture, please visit http://kareer.me/discover/takelessons
- Requisition ID #73
- No phone calls or agencies please
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
TakeLessons is America's full-service music and voice lessons provider. It was founded in 2004 to help people discover their creativity and...