Create visual design throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial concepts through final design deliverables. Create deliverables such as screen layouts, color palettes, typography and user interface elements. Translate wire frames. Interpret conceptual ideas into appealing visual presentations and design solutions and develop visual design prototypes ranging from comps to interactive mock-ups. Develop visual interface specifications. Communicate design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders and across a multidisciplinary team through all phases of projects. Must work in a collaborative environment with other team members to deliver simple and desirable expereinces to make the lives of users easy and productive.
Development Function: This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production. Positions in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
Senior Developer: Seasoned professional responsible for the development and support of applications for a specific area, leveraging expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas.
Macy's Systems & Technology (MST) is the information technology division of Macy's Inc. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 department store locations in 46 states. In addition, we operate major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Macy's Systems & Technology is headquartered in Johns Creek, a suburban setting northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a merchandise discount.
1. Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
2. Leads or plays a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, working from functional specifications. Directs junior staff in the coding and/or configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
3. Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
4. Monitors the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
5. Provides technical support and leads the effective problem resolution for customer inquiries and to resolve production issues.
6. Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior developers. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Leads the development phase of work type 1 and small work type 2 projects, making work assignments and holding staff accountable.
9. Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
10. Commits to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
11. Makes modifications to jobs and schedules for jobs in production.
1. Candidate should have minimum 3+ years experience working as a visual designer
2. Candidate should have an understanding of user interface design with solid design discipline
3. 3+ years of experience designing clean, informational yet captivating user interface visuals for web and/or mobile software applications
4. Portfolio that demonstrates consistent and compelling visual design and ability to articulate why specific visual aspects were used.
5. Past graphic design for mobile application experience highly preferred.
6. Strong expertise on leading design software applications, ie: PhotoShop and Illustrator
7. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to convey these designs in the form of comps, concept sketching, prototypes, story boards, wireframes and design specifications.
8. Skilled in user interaction design for high productivity applications, a plus
9. An eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects, with solid ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
10. Self-starter with ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
11. Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
12. Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes including MST’s software development methodology, serving as a resource to others.
13. Seen as an expert in the existing applications supporting the business area.
14. Serves as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
15. Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas of Macy’s or MST, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
16. Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
17. Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
18. Provides technical leadership in their area of specialization.
19. Understands changing business needs for the area(s) supported and the subsequent impact on applications.
20. Understands key business drivers, business metrics, etc. for the area(s) supported and applies that insight to deliver systems that add value to the business.
21. Possesses a broad understanding of key business issues, metrics, and drivers for success gained through exposure to multiple systems and/or customer areas of Macy’s.
22. Advises customers / business analysts on discrete technology-related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with customers / business analysts to determine the best solution.
23. Provides input into project estimates.
24. Designs projects with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms. Develops plans that anticipate and proactively address roadblocks and obstacles.
25. Conducts complete diagnosis of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
26. Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs, and offering and incorporating ideas.
27. May manage the development phase of work type 1 and small work type 2 projects, or plays a key role on a larger project team.
28. With minimal support, this position would analyze vendor proposals, evaluate build versus buy, and formulate significant components of a project plan.
29. Conducts and provides work estimates.
30. Manages any vendors necessary to complete the project.
31. Bachelor's Degree preferred and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Macy's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's premier retailers, with fiscal 2014 sales of $28.1...