We currently have an opening for a Virtual Merchandiser. This person reports to the Vice President of Marketing and is responsible for creating, developing and planning visual merchandise design concepts, solutions and implementation plans for products and programs for retail stores as well as maintaining the iconic Bartell Drugs merchandising standards and brand. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential:
- Collaborates with the Advertising and Buying teams to define the visual presentation strategy for basic standards, promotions, events, product launches and seasonal floorsets for Bartell Drugs’ stores.
- Ensures all aspects of Bartells visual merchandising standards are consistent with the Bartells brand and its values.
- Works collaboratively with product merchants and planners to determine product merchandising strategy, standards, promotions, launches and tests.
- Supports visual strategies and implementation planning to meet business objectives.
- Collaborates on specific retail in-store marketing campaigns and implementation of those campaigns.
- Provides visual merchandising solutions to support business needs through creative problem solving and creative innovation. Designs presentation, product, and sign layout for retail stores.
- Collaborates with internal functional teams to create strategies and requirements for fixtures, display-wares and space planning related to visual merchandising, product merchandising, in-store marketing, signage, in-store graphics and overall store visual presentation.
- Provides visual merchandising plan for specific products, promotions/marketing campaigns (visual content) for production and distribution of the visual communications tools intended for in-store implementation of the visual program.
- Installation of window displays (where applicable).
- Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept.
- Styling and propping merchandise to enhance product and create a visual image.
- Ability to balance creative merchandising with business acumen.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to meet sale deadlines.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years proven experience with visual merchandising and display in a retail store environment.
- 2+ years proven visual merchandising or display
- Experience at corporate level and/or in a multi-store environment preferred.
- Experience with the following software tools is preferred: Adobe Creative Suite skills and Microsoft Office programs – on both Mac and PC platforms. Photo database management and Email programs a plus.
- High School Diploma required. AA or BA degree preferred.
- Be able to meet tight deadlines and respond quickly to company needs — self-directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and written communication skills.
- Able to interpret and disseminate information. Able to prepare basic reports and use the appropriate mode of communication.
- English fluency is essential.
- Outstanding listener, creative thinker, decision-making acumen, problem solver, takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity & honesty.
- Customer service oriented. Driven to meet or exceed consumer expectations upholding Bartell Drugs customer service standards. Key attributes include the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department and demonstrate tact, diplomacy in a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- An outstanding work ethic and must possess excellent leadership ability.
- A Team Player who assists with projects within the department and/or organization.
Indeed - 23 months ago
If any drugstore chain has a prescription for longevity, it's Bartell Drug Company. The nation's oldest drugstore chain, 120-year-old...