With Range Presentation the IKEA Way, the IKEA sales manuals and other appropriate manuals as a guide, the Visual Merchandiser plans and implements Shops, Compacts, Studios, Self-Serve and Activity areas in the IKEA store. The Visual Merchandiser works with the Visual Merchandising Manager's guidance to create functional, inspirational and commercial displays and solutions. The Visual Merchandiser reports to the Visual Merchandising Manager.
Your main tasks will include:
- Plan and execute inspirational, functional and commercial communication in the Shops, Compacts, Studios, Self-Serve and Activity areas.
- Maintain the above media on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the above media are easy to shop, visually pleasing and how attention to detail.
- Work with Logistics and Sales in planning and implementing work using the work brief process.
- Participate in additional projects including activity work in the store, large-scale projects, remodels and outside projects.
- Create communication and solutions based on understanding and knowledge of appropriate IKEA manuals, proven ideas and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the IKEA range and supporting communication.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the local market, our customers and our competition.
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is strong and where the diversity of our co-workers and customers is valued and embraced.
- Assume responsibility for projects and tasks as they occur.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of visual merchandising and home furnishings trends.
- Computer literacy.
- Visual Merchandising experience
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume retail environment.
- Will and ability for further development within IKEA.
- Proficiency in interior decorating and visual merchandising skills.
- The ability to work both creatively and operationally.
- Passion for home furnishings and a curiosity for how people live.
- The desire to inspire and help people create a better life at home by creating solutions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25kg.)
- Able to climb a ladder
- Maintain interaction with customers on the Sales floor
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information Must be available between the hours of 6am and 4pm Monday thru Friday. Must be flexible to work some Saturdays during Peak days to help out in other areas of the store, like Sales or Customer Service. IKEA Paramus is closed on Sundays. Job ID 135539BR Removal Date 04/09/2012
IKEA - 2 years ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...