Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Visual Merchandiser to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Provides the ultimate guest in-store experience of the Tommy Bahama brand through excellent visual merchandising and presentation execution in order to drive sales and maximize profitability.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Drive branding and business objectives/sales through excellent execution of visual merchandising and presentation.
- Utilize all company tools, visual talent, and knowledge to plan, map, and execute monthly floorsets incorporating appropriate store specific adaptations as necessary.
- In partnership with Regional Visual Manager, identify store/market specific nuances. Develop and implement brand appropriate solutions to address these unique needs.
- In partnership with store management, continually analyze and respond to business/selling trends, assortment needs, and guest feedback--proactively adapt merchandising and presentations as needed.
- Store expert for Tommy Bahama merchandising and presentation standards, and responsible for training store team members to help improve their skills.
- Ensure all signing and graphics are installed and maintained to company standards.
- Maintain two-way communication with appropriate partners regarding visual merchandising and store maintenance.
- Greet all guests with a genuine/authentic smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs when appropriate.
- Actively participate in store-related meetings, training sessions, and store visits.
- Receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Verify merchandise status with the Stock Coordinator and ensure the status coincides with merchandise placement plan.
- Reference, share, and apply product knowledge information on an ongoing basis.
- Personally support each season's trends and the brand's forward direction through uniforming and personal appearance as outlined in the company dress code policy.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and accessible, prop and sign storage areas.
- As requested, provide timely photos to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team documenting execution of a given project.
- Provide ongoing written feedback to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team on merchandising/presentation strenghts and opportunities.
- Participate in cleaning and upkeep of the physical store at the direction of store management.
- Embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values.
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in visual merchandising and presentation. Specialty retailer preferred.
- Strong demonstrated visual merchandising/presentation skills--detail oriented and self-motivated to execute to the highest standards.
- Innovative thinker/problem solver.
- Knowledgeable of current fashion and visual merchandising trends and able to effectively interpret/apply to our brand.
- Able to read and analyze retail reports and take action as necessary to adjust merchandising and presentation set ups.
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), digital photography, and basic photo software.
- Strong interpersonal skills--written and verbal communication; listening and follow through. Able to articulate and explain ideas and concepts.
- Guest service experience and awareness.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to set and achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and process planning skills.
Tommy Bahama - 15 months ago
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....