This position is responsible for assuring appropriate execution of corporate merchandising/marketing philosophies and standards established to support divisional image/identity and reinforce the use of Visual Merchandising as a selling tool. The incumbent must effectively interact with field staff and home office employees in various departments. Continuous reprioritization of workload based on changing construction schedule.
· Coordinate and execute pre opening activities for construction stores including gathering and interpretation of information, creation of field communications and creating timelines for activities with other departments.
· Oversee management of visual merchandising activities on-site at select new and remodel Jared, mall, off mall, outlet and new concept stores.
· Participate in store space planning and layout activities to ensure optimization of selling space and appropriate merchandise adjacencies.
· Creation and continual update of floorplans and planagrams to provide stores with merchandise placement direction, ensure appropriate placement of brands and core merchandise and address space issues created by new merchandise rollouts or fluctuating inventory levels.
· Creation of training and reference guidelines to facilitate store’s ability to execute corporate directives and initiatives, insure appropriate in-store set-up of highly identifiable brands and to optimize the use of Visual Merchandising as a selling tool.
· Assist with ongoing update of department databases representing store specific attributes and assortments for all mall and Jared to insure optimization of selling space and appropriate display distribution and launch versioning.
· Field visitation and training to reinforce corporate merchandising / marketing standards and philosophies established to support brand image / identity.
· Generation of store visit reports / checklists that evaluate the degree of compliance to corporate standards.
· Identify opportunities for improvement by working as a liaison between field and home office staff.
· Follow up with stores, DM’s VPRO’s and home office contacts to communicate details of trip results and appropriately address store concerns and requests.
· Evaluate budget feasibility to order replacement components as needed, and place orders.
· Apply field experience to development of design criteria for components, fixtures and communication tools.
· Continually review competition ( jewelry and non) marketing and visual standards to contribute to the development of Visual Merchandising concepts, new/ improved vehicles for merchandise presentation and other visual support materials to stimulate sales and gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
· Familiarity with Visual Merchandising theory and general application
· Retail Experience
· Availability for extensive travel
· Mature/ Ability to work independently within home office environment and while traveling
· Ability to represent Visual Merchandising Department and Home Office in a positive manner to field staff
· Strong organization skills and detail oriented
· Basic ability to read and understand blueprints a plus; some familiarity with new store development/ construction also a plus
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, field staff, other home office departments, and vendors
· Creativity and the ability to continually innovate and refocus priorities
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs: Access, Excel, Word, etc., Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of CAD is a plus
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 6 months ago