Job Title: Visual Merchandising Leader
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Mass Channel Visual Merchandising is a critical marketing lever responsible for delivering a shopper experience that is easy to shop, showcases product innovation, and is unmistakably, recognizably Sonos. The mass channel visual merchandising team develops and delivers best practice, high impact, and innovative merchandising, environment, and brand experience solutions to activate shoppers in retail branded mass channels environments.
The visual merchandising leader sets the creative vision and leads an agency of creative and visual merchandising professionals in developing and executing merchandising solutions for diverse group of retailers. Solutions range from in-store communication to brand and product presentation and interactive fixture design. Diversity of creative capabilities includes expertise in visual product presentation, graphic design, store design (fixtures), rendering, merchandising lab, project management, and agency management. Collaborates with the strategic levels of the organization including, channel and product marketing teams, training and education team, sales, and commercialization to develop in-store display solutions that activate shoppers and provide differentiated shopping experiences for the consumer to include both presentation and graphics.
- Ability to succeed in a sales-driven and results-oriented environment where financial rewards are based on metrics results.
- Ability to lead and influence a group of individuals with whom you work
- Business acumen for creating business plans and analyzing trends
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong presentation and training skills for groups as well as 1:1
- Interpersonal savvy when interacting with internal employees, external customers, and virtual team members
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Planning, organization, and implementation skills
- Flexibility in a dynamic retail environment
- Problem solving abilities
- Highly motivated to achieve results
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Ideal candidate will have sales experience with CE, 8 years of visual merchandising experience in a branded retail environment. Mass Channel a plus
- Experience managing a team and agency partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
More about Sonos:
- Master’s degree preferred, in fine arts with studies in a related discipline. Relevant disciplines include architecture, interior design, graphic design and marketing.
- Success in leading merchandising solutions for new product concepts and product innovation.
- Success in leading a creative organization, developing and communicating a vision, cross-functional collaboration / communication skills, brand management, talent development, and financial / budget management.
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...