Working with general supervision, the Visual Merchandising Specialist strategically plans floor space/design of store environment and layouts to impact the consumer experience positively in stores, working closely and collaboratively with the Director of Visual Merchandising. This includes influencing strong execution through effective written communication in the Marketing Program and Display Memos. This role will interact often with senior field leaders while maintaining close relationships with the merchant group and various GameStop vendors. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Work directly with Creative Services to execute the Marketing Program for the field.
- Communicate visual directives, merchandising guidelines, and presentation standards to field managers and stores
- Tactically develop and implement visual directives and visual merchandising projects.
- Maintain files and correspondence, including photographs and layouts for each project or initiative.
- Leverage display memos to drive execution on rollouts or projects across the chain or in test areas.
- Respond urgently to field inquiries and attend to field needs as they are surfaced
- Directly handle field correspondence on own initiative
- Prioritize tasks based on business neeed to ensure timelines are met
- Focus on building and maintaining good internal and external partnerships
- Generate clear communication to field management on all pertinent information that relates to Visual Merchandising partnering the Store Communications Department
- Model the behaviors expected of all GameStop leaders including, but not limited to, a drive for results, with a demonstrable bias for action; high levels of emotional intelligence, maturity, and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other major business units throughout the GameStop organization
- Gather, organize, analyze and summarize frequent and substantive field feedback; prepare related recommendations as required
- Stay abreast of job-related trends and developments across the retail industry
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Contributing to Te am Success — Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Follow-Up — Monitors the results of delegations, assignments or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project
- Work Standards — Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with an accredited program in business management, retail merchandising, organizational communications, or general business program preferred
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe professional application suite, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Proficient ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Word
- Proficient understanding of retail merchandising practices
- Proficient ability to demonstrate diverse and entrepreneurial thinking
- Working ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Expert ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities