Delivers comprehensive vocational case management, counseling and referral services to individuals with disabilities who are transitioning from Public Assistance to employment, thereby maximizing their functioning and assisting them in obtaining and maintaining long-term competitive and sheltered employment.
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in social services or vocational rehabilitation-related field preferred.
- Provides in-depth personal and vocational guidance to WeCARE participants utilizing vocational and interest assessment test results to ensure program participation.
- Develops behavioral, educational and vocational goals and plans with participants in accordance with the DVE/IPE battery.
- With recommendations and the data summary from Diagnostic Vocational Evaluation testing, vocational case managers author Individualized Plans for Employment (IPE) in concert with C.R.C.-Certified Rehabilitation Counselor staff.
New York, New York, United States
- Some prior professional experience working within a social service organization required, while directly serving an under-resourced population preferred.
- Understanding of the special employment needs of an economically and socially disadvantaged population preferred.
- Computer literacy required.