High School Diploma, Vocational Training or Bachelor's Degree in behavioral sciences, human services, vocational skills or social services field.
At least one year of progressive employment experience in the aforementioned fields that demonstrates supervisory, vocational skills, case management or teaching experience. Child welfare experience, strongly preferred.
• Design age-appropriate vocational activities for the residents.
• Provide Monthly Activity Calendar including vocational activities which may be on and off campus.
• Coordinate volunteer and church group participation and activities with the program.
• Advocate for special vocational needs and activities throughout the community.
• Maintain vocational supplies and equipment.
• Work with community churches, special conferences and volunteer groups in order to procure needed services for the residents including activities on campus.
• Provide shelters with schedules and supplies.
• Ensure directions and guidelines are presented during activities.
• Assist staff with supervision of residents during activities, on- and off-campus.
• Participate in community and staff meetings.
• Responsible for supervision of direct care staff while on off-campus vocational outings.
• Utilize positive child management techniques including verbal redirection, de-escalations and physical containment.
• Reinforce positive behavior by providing healthy, positive incentives for residents.
• Be a positive role model for residents.
• Maintain safe and orderly environment for residents.
• Maintain calendar of scheduled events and activities.
• Model constructive behavior and communication skills.
• Report volunteer scheduled activities and projected plans to Program Director on a regular basis.
• Travel/driving required.
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...