This position will be located in Concord, NC and will serve in the Concord office covering Cabarrus, Rowan and Iredell Counties. |
The selected candidate will provide comprehensive vocational evaluation services to consumers with a range of disabilities, education levels, and work experience in order to assist with job planning and placement. Job duties include: administering, scoring, and interpreting an extensive variety of vocational interests, achievements, and psychological tests; analyzing consumers' medical, psychological, socio-economic, vocational and educational information; developing a formal evaluation plan for each client; making referrals for evaluation services to the consumer and the rehabilitation counselor(s); creating written reports which may be used for other agencies in determining disability benefits and compensation; gathering occupational resource information for better service deliverables; participating in multi-disciplinary teams and committees; partnering with consumers and their family members, employers, school personnel, and other community agencies/contacts; and performing other duties as assigned.
This position may include travel to satellite offices, schools and other community sites for testing and assessment purposes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
- Considerable knowledge of psychological, social and special education concepts related to the determination of vocational potential and abilities of persons with disabilities
- Considerable knowledge of evaluation techniques and tests for vocational occupational requirements including but not limited to job analysis, community-based assessment, transferable skills analysis, systematic behavioral observation skills and standardized assessment
- Ability to synthesize data and observation reports in order to make recommendations
- Ability to express findings and make recommendations with oral/written clarity
- Competency in computer usage to include word-processing, spreadsheets, email, and Internet
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the delivery of rehabilitation services process as well as a knowledge of the community, local job markets and community resources
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in vocational evaluation, rehabilitation counseling, or closely related human services field; or current certification as a Certified Vocational Evaluator by the Commission on Certification of Work Adjustment and Vocational Evaluation Specialists
***If your Master’s degree is not in Vocational Evaluation or Rehabilitation Counseling, a copy of your transcript MUST be attached to your application. If the transcript is not attached, your application will be considered incomplete.***
Supplemental and Contact Information:
Application for Employment must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. Please follow instructions to apply online.
In order to receive credit for all of your work and education history, all information must be listed on the State of North Carolina application . Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete. Resumes and cover letters may be uploaded with your application, but any information listed on the resume and not included in the application will not be used for qualifying credit.
RIF candidates must attach their notification letter. Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference should submit a copy of Form DD-214. DHHS selects applicants based on job related knowledge, skills, & abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence. Drug testing is required for a direct care position. Background reviews are required for all positions. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Link On How To Create Your Application Before Applying For A Job
Contact Person: Mike Ellis
Contact Address: N.C. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Haywood Building, 805 Ruggles Drive, Raleigh, NC 27699
Contact Phone: 919-855-3517
Contact Fax: 919-733-6863
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources - 10 months ago